Thursday, April 10, 2008

End of the Semester Clumsiness

Hey all--no pics this post. Sorry.

The end of the semester draws near and my clumsiness increases. I blame the OTC sleeping supplements I tend to take when life gets hectic (and then I do an energy drink to wake up). It's a vicious cycle, I do realize, but at the same time I only do this for two 3 week periods a year, so I learn to deal.

My poor weakened immune system and lack of concentration are not doing good things to me. I have a blister on my foot, an ambiguous skin lesion on my neck that I'm treating for ring worm (just to be sure), and two days ago I almost chopped my finger off with a large kitchen knife while chopping potatos--straight through the finger nail! (I bet you're happy I didn't post a pic now, right?) Of course, it had to be the middle finger, resulting in many jokes since.

DoHP, I'm desperately trying to get the downstairs shower finished, and hopefully it will be by the time you're in town so you can have your own bath. I've asked Mr. Borealis to call and harass his father, The Procrastinator, to get off his butt and do the wall texturing (he has a special machine that the rest of us don't know how to use) so we can paint and caulk. Normally I would find this funny because I tried to convince Mr. Borealis that The Procrastinator was not the man for the job because he can never finish anything in a timely manner, but now that I've been stuck with a ripped up downstairs bath for more than 7 months, I'm just too perturbed.

"I told you this would happen!"
Alula

1 comment: