Wednesday, November 10, 2010

More Montana...and Maine?

Well, I was wrong about the population of the town in Montana.  I had quoted the population for the city and two surrounding counties.  The actual population of the "city" we could potentially be moving to is about 30,000 (half of the town I currently live in).

Mr. Borealis went to his interview in Minneapolis for the position in Montana yesterday.  It went well, though he said they kept stressing the point that the position was "in Montana", and he had to sign a waiver acknowledging that he knew the position was in Montana, and he would relocate there, if he were offered and accepted the job position.  Apparently it's hard to get people to move out there, and they wanted to make it clear in his mind that he would, in fact, be living in Montana.

I ask you:  Does it make a city more or less of a place if it qualifies for listing on ePodunk.com??

He also got an email on Monday from the folks in Maine.  (Did I tell you about Maine...?)  He had previously been turned down for a phone interview because he didn't want to pay his way to fly out for an in-person interview (the Minneapolis people paid for him to fly out).  They later sent him a personal note apologizing for not being able to accommodate his phone interview, and then the email came saying they had held on to his resume and wanted to talk to him about a different position.

I have decided it's more likely than not at this point that we are moving out of state; don't know where, don't know when.  Dodging one bullet is a feat, but now I've got two coming straight at me.  I am thoroughly stuck halfway between two worlds: one where I am a hard working professional with my career laid out before me, and one where I am exhausted and doing terrible things to my health by taking too many hours at work and school (both fueling each other at this point--need student status to keep job, need job to pay for school), waiting for Prince Charming to take me away from it all before I hurt myself.

I need advice.  Badly.

Alula

1 comment:

Munchkin said...

I am really worried about your sanity at this point... I don't know how much longer you can possibly take the pressure of not knowing what your future has in store for you. We need to have a girls night dinner all together very soon, and maybe we'll have some good ideas for you then. =)