Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A suggestion for the Barnes & Noble Nook

Recently I have found myself having a specific desire for my Nook that is going unfilled.  I couldn't find a specific venue on the Barnes & Noble site where I could submit this suggestion, so I am throwing it into the universe in hopes that my wish comes true.

Here's my situation: I find myself in locations where I do not have a wifi connection wishing that I could check in on all of the blogs that I subscribe to.  I tend to read the news online, but my blogs are starting to serve as a personalized magazine or newspaper subscription--I sit down to them to get the latest news and gossip, and I would like this experience to be on-the-go with me without an internet or 3g signal required (like a real magazine).

Here is what I want from Barnes & Noble:  I would like a way to tie RSS feeds to my Barnes & Noble Nook account.  Ideally, this service will collect all of the posts from blogs I have subscribed to and turn them into discrete chunks that are sent to my device like a subscription (kind of like like listserv messages getting collected into a "digest" before they reach my inbox).  I figure the size of each "magazine" could be picked by the user (i.e., daily, weekly, monthly).  The digest will be updated and added to my device along with regular syncing and checking for new material, and that way, I have an easy access to my stuff on my Nook.  I realize this probably creates some problems with formating and possibly with storage capacity (i.e., if whatever you subscribe to has a lot of images in the text), but why not set up the "send to Nook digest" with settings to just exclude images (or use the provided alt text) or understand that the images might be a little wanky in the feed if you choose to include them (in some feed readers they already are)?

Barnes & Noble, please consider providing this service through your device.  It would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Alula

No comments: