Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Early Christmas for me too

Okay, so to recap, I accepted a job back in August.  The background check took forever.  I finally got cleared, and then there was some issue getting a start date.  Meanwhile, I had arranged to leave my previous job near the end of September (giving 4 weeks notice) on word that I would likely start in October, soon after my background check (which would take "about two weeks") had cleared.  I have been unemployed since October.

Well, during all that time, I applied for, did testing for, interviewed for, and was offered another position.  The interview was Monday.  They called today to tell me if I accepted the position, they wanted me to start on January 3rd.  HALLELUJAH!

So I have a new job--I'm a statistical analyst now.  The position is with the state, it's full time regular employment, and I will get to manage and maintain a lot of information and databases, so that's all pretty darn cool!

Alula

No comments: