Wednesday, November 12, 2008

MLS Legacy

Hiya ladies,

Just a quick update on my quest for an MLS. I had my interview for my chosen school today (yes, they require a face-to-face interview for admission). My interviewer, also my advisor at that school, made a joke about how it felt like I was a Legacy applicant or something because of how many people previously in the program had contacted her about me; Mr. B's mom, The Librarian, went there, as did one of our other close friends, not to mention the bazillion other librarians in our family...

Anyways, the advisor is recommending that I be admitted. They don't actually do legacy admittance; my test scores and transcripts were just that great.

She also said that if I finished my current MA in addition, I would be well qualified to work in just about any academic library anywhere (apparently CompLing is big in Library Science now). So that's something to think about.

I'm feeling a lot better with a plan now; I wasn't sure where I was going to be next semester. Now I'm 90% sure I'll be doing my MLS online with weekdays free to work so I can pay for the program.

Also, my baby (the new laptop) shipped on the 10th and is slated to arrive by the 17th. I am accepting suggestions for a name.

Huzzah for having a plan!
Alula

1 comment:

Death of Houseplants said...

What sort of blue is it?

Is it Pepsi can blue, or is it a more Navy blue?