Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Saga of Grumpy Begins

I haven't posted in quite some time sorry ladies, so I'll attempt to make up for it. I have truly had a summer to remember. The new job is FABULOUS, thought a thirty of more minute drive each way. My first experience camping was so delightful, that I wish I could do it every weekend. To top off the good stuff, I should officially have a piece of paper that says I have some form of education at the end of this semester.

Now for the interesting stuff... I have overloaded myself once again, like Alula I am a masochist. The gal I work with, I am referring to her as Grumpy because she brings a cloud of doom and hate with her while somehow managing to make her face look like an ugly dwarf, she is terrible. Behind my back she is going to my boss attempting to become my supervisor, and she's only been here one week longer than I have. Neither of us are trained enough to be the supervisor at this point, and she is being very sneaky instead of being honest and waiting her turn. Do not take this as me wanting the position for myself, I want only to work... not to be anything special. I enjoy my job, and she is making my life miserable.

She has left ealy everyday for the past two months and our current supervisor, Sparkley, was getting very upset and speaking her mind to the whole front office including Grumpy's best buddy Prego, after she left. Prego proceeded to tell Grumpy what Sparkley had said the very next morning, and there was a confrontation that afternoon. Sparkley is a good friend of mine and got me the job, so now I am almost sure I am getting the silent treatment because Grumpy assumed I was complaining to Sparkley about her, and that I want to stop her from getting a promotion. The other morning our big boss was running late and had a meeting promptly at 10am with three men from Korea, he called to say he was late and keep them happy until he gets there in a bit, not one minute later they walk through the front door. She was so rude to them they left and came back about 30 minutes later. Knowing that these men just got off an airplane from Korea to come see us, it baffles me to think they could be treated with such a non-care and disrespectful attitude. Everyday I come into work and sit there for 8 hours getting the silent treatment from both my coworkers. All this just started... heck we actually used to get along and communicate like civilized human being once in a while before this experience.

I am getting very frustrated with this woman, and wish i could speak my mind to her so she knows that I didn't do anything, and the problems people may or may not have with her are not because of me but because of her own actions and rudeness to everyone. Oh... And did I forget to mention, she's pregnant and hasn't told anyone yet.

What should I do???

3 comments:

Alula Borealis said...

Having been surrounded by them over the last year, let me just say pregnant women are crazy. I don't mean that in a bad way, necessarily, but those raging hormones and the stress of such a big life change does things to people.

In this situation, I don't think you can do anything but be as pleasant as possible. When she pushes you, if you push back, then you are both guilty of making waves. If management is fed up, then they can deal with it--stay on the good side of your friend/supervisor and don't make the problem worse by making more waves.

Oh, and this is a big one: don't tattle. Having worked in a supervisory position, this just makes you look like a brown-nosing child. If management asks, you can tell; but don't be that person who always whines about your coworkers, even if they are driving you nuts.

Munchkin said...

Well sounds like I am doing the right things. And... I think she is really just that mean... she started this before she got prego.

Unknown said...

I would agree just let her dig her own hole and try to get out of it. Not telling the boss she is pregnant could come down too a number of reasons I don't know how you have worked their but for the first 3 months of a job a person can be fired for no good reason I waited until i was over three months along to tell my work so that they wouldn't fire me. Plus she might not be happy she is pregnant and completely terrified of whats going to happen. just try to stay pleasent and out of the way. Otherwise i'm glad you like the job.