Saturday, September 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, Lady A

Well ladies, Lady A called me last night. For those of you who have forgotten Lady A, she's dating our friend the Ambassador. She moved across the country to come out here, and the Ambassador is now in China on some sort of teaching stint. Lady A habitually hangs out at my place every other week for movie night, and I have expressed to Mr. B that if they break up, my vote is that we keep Lady A.

Lady A's birthday was last night, and in grand fashion we (including myself and spouse and a couple of her friends) went out late last night and had kalamari and cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory in Denver. Mr. B and I left a little early (he had the LSAT this morning), but the rest of the group went dancing afterwards. It was her 21st birthday, and she doesn't have many friends out here yet, but I do count myself among the friends she does have.

Q and I have tossed around the idea of inviting her to post here, I see her so much lately. I think if we're still close in January, I will invite her to post, or at least send her a link to this forum. I would greatly appreciate comments (pro or con) on this topic.

Other stock items include a book I am currently editing. I have sworn to myself I will try to publish this one. I have already invited Q, GymRat (a friend of mine), and *gasp* Mr. B to read it as test readers. Anyone who wants to read it, shoot me an email and I'll give you the document link--if I ever make it big, I promise you all a very nice dinner, at least. I've decided one of my resolutions for next year is to get published.

And that brings me around to this year's resolutions. With 3 months left in the year, I'm assessing my situation once again. I got the job. Q is selling online, and has plans to utilize the online store we set up together. Now all I have left is my weight, which I admit, has been a big problem for me. I'm trying to zero in on it these last few months, because this needs to get done.

How is everyone else doing?

Alula

2 comments:

Munchkin said...

I say that is a good idea. Lady A is amazing and we should include her as much as possible. =)

Fuzzy said...

I don't think I have met her but go for it If you want to I trust your judgment.