Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Things that Make Me Happy

Mr. B is out of town, marking the first time since his illness that we have returned to a regular work schedule.  

Today, I got harassed outside the grocery store by someone who wanted me to sign a petition to bring medical marijuana dispensaries into town.  (Many issues with this, but I will spare you.  Suffice it to say that out of principle, I have little to no respect for individuals who break federal law, and find the blatant abuse of medical marijuana by people who do not have medical need disgusting.)

Anyways, I was passing by the frozen foods and all riled up about the damn hippie drug abusers who are able to organize to get themselves medical marijuana dispensaries, but can't be socially responsible enough to not break the law, because instead of pushing to pass a law to legalize recreational use, which might make sense, they're seeking to legalize medical use so they can continue to break the law with prescription drug abuse....*grumble, grumble*.  Illegal and illogical--what a combination.

Then I find Ben & Jerry's Magic Brownies, and it catches my eye for obvious reasons.  It's awesome.  Try it.  Black raspberry ice cream and brownies.  One of my new favorite things.

This is the book light my husband got me for my birthday (to go with the nook, which I was counting as a sort of early birthday present).  Also one of my new favorite things.  2 levels of brightness, fits great into the little pocket slot on the back of my Bronte nook cover.  I thought it was a little bulky at first, larger than I expected it would be, and the clip is kind of poorly designed.  The metal slide clip would probably shred a leather cover, but I guess it worked out okay where I put it on my nook cover, so that's a positive.  Blue lights on the back give it kind of a futuristic feel, spread out LEDs give a good glow on the book without needing repositioning, and it was very reasonably priced.  Love it!


Ritelite LPL792XLB 5-LED Computer and Book Light, Metal


Alula

No comments: