Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Who's getting Married?

Most of you know how bad I am about keeping up with my cell phone.  So today when I charged it at work I wasn't surprised to see I had new text messages accumulated from over the weekend.  One from Q.  One from...some number not stored.  Normally I would disregard, except for the content from the mystery number:

"Im engaged!"

Ah....CRAP.  Somebody out there cared enough to tell me about their impending lifelong prison sentence--I mean, marital bliss--and I didn't care enough to store the number in my phone.  Crap, crap, crap!  I sent one back: "Congrats!"  Then I set to work trying to figure out who the heck I knew, who wasn't in my phone, who could possibly be getting married.

The only person who came to mind was my brother's ex, the mother of my niece and nephew (she has switched cell phone numbers a few times).  Or maybe Fuzzy, if she changed her number and didn't tell me.  Or maybe DoHP, if she forgot to tell us a few things over the last few months or got drunk in Vegas.  I decided the BroEx was probably who it was, and then started freaking out, because the last 2 times she got married, a pregnancy was involved.  Then my mom texted me back that the number didn't belong to the BroEx, and she didn't receive the text message of fortune, ruling out family.

The search continued....Q could not identify the number, which ruled out quite a few friends..  Mr. B had not received the text, so that ruled out his family.

Then I got home and showed Mr. B the number, and I said, "Who do we know who switched cell numbers recently?"  And he said, "Well, I think my sister did a while back, but it can't be her--why would she text you and not me?"

Well, it's his sister--she got a new cell phone and number and forgot to store his number in it.  Getting married.  To her boyfriend of about two years (eh, maybe a year and a half would be closer).  This probably means another bridesmaid dress in my closet and weekend lost to doing cheesy wedding stuff.

But more importantly, this means I'M FREE.

FREE I TELL YOU!

My mother-in-law is about to be too busy planning a wedding to demand we hang out with her every weekend.  FREE! FREE! FREE!

Eleven of the last 14 weekends spent with the inlaws--NOT ANY MORE!  If I hit the jackpot on this one, she'll get pregnant and then I AM OFF THE HOOK.

Sister in law, I am this happy for me, but moreso, I am happy for you!



FREE!
Alula

1 comment:

Q said...

Thats wonderful news! Congratulations!