Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lean Pockets Culinary Creations

Ladies,

I had to post a quick review here of a product that I recently discovered in my grocery store.  Maybe they had been there for a while, but I only recently noticed them.  The Hot Pockets brand has added some new flavors to their Lean Pockets "health food" line.  Granted, these items are microwaveable frozen things that don't really fill my personal definition of a healthy food due to the preservatives and general lack of fresh plant matter, but they are pretty good for sticking to a diet at 250-270 calories per pocket.  

Usually I like the Ham & Cheese, or the Turkey & Cheese, and there's also one that has broccoli thrown in the mix for color.  When I recently went to the grocery store to refill my freezer's emergency stock, I noticed new flavors, deemed the Culinary Creations line.  Admittedly, some of the flavors looked kind of weird, but my curiosity was piqued so I grabbed a few.  My verdict is that they were pretty good--at least, they added some variety to the Something & Cheese that I usually buy (they all kind of tasted the same before--not bad, just not distinguishable).

The Chicken, Bacon, & Dijon impressed me--I will definitely be buying this one again.  The Spinach Artichoke Chicken was okay, but didn't wow me.  I'm thinking that it may have something to do with my attempting to eat a food containing artichoke as a breakfast food; for lunch or dinner, it probably would have scored higher marks.  (Also note that artichoke does not mix well with Rockstar; learned the hard way so you don't have to!)  I will probably try the Garlic Chicken White Pizza and the Chipotle Chicken next.

Alula

No comments: