Sunday, May 4, 2008

If I can't do this nobody can!


I'm taking the PTCE in 12 days. I get to the cardiovascular system agents section of my study guide and see the above warning. I'm starting to wonder how anybody without a biology degree can pass this test. Obviously it has happened, as my two stupidest co-workers have passed this test, but with how "Oh no! Scary test!" the study guide is being, I have no idea how they passed it.

(BTW this post has been made with the Picassa "Blog this!" feature ((which is so super shiny)) so please forgive any formatting errors that don't get fixed.)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Q said...

your going to be fine you got a good brain in between those ears!

Alula Borealis said...

Hon, being completely honest here: you probably have the highest IQ of anyone in our group. Probably in the *extended* group; your biggest threat is going to be overthinking it. So study, freak out, then watch this video, some House, Grey's Anatomy...and relax! I have faith that you're going to do fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFkgbK7VTmY

Death of Houseplants said...

I think you guys got a little confused here. Or I can't effectively convey what I'm thinking in words. It's 50-50 there.

I'm fairly sure I'm going to do fine. If I don't do fine, I'm going to wonder how it's possible for anyone to pass that test. The book I have is going into some fairly detailed (for a tech to know anyways) pharmacology. The big ones I've had to deal with are Warfarin reacts with everything. MAOI's react with everything warfarin doesn't. No more than 4000mg of APAP (tylenol) a day. Don't switch brands on limited therapeutic range drugs. Don't drink alcohol with Flagyl. Doctors that prescribe diflucan with an antibiotic are so awesome, I wish mine would do that.

And I think that's about it.