Thursday, May 1, 2008

...Weren't run on batteries!

Yesterday was my two year anniversary with my batteries. Not the same batteries I started with but the concept of batteries.

I think I've found a certain special kind of insanity. I named my latest knitting project. Steve.

And a warning for Q. Make sure that Mr. Q's insurance has you in the system as female. Because otherwise it will reject with the "Drug not covered for gender specified" error and somebody will have to call the insurance to get it fixed, normally while you're waiting in the store for your birth control. Also the one guy that I work with in the pharmacy had something crawl up his butt today (and I don't mean like one of those giant bugs we get around here), and he really reminds me of my old boss Pissy Hippy.

Your local cranky tech
~DoHP

6 comments:

Alula Borealis said...

lol--you said "crawl up his butt" and I thought you were going to mean literally. You are in the medical field, technically; would have been funny if it *were* one of the giant bugs.

Send a pic of Steve we'll make him a feature on the site. At least you didn't call him Mr. DoHP--then I would have had to worry!

Death of Houseplants said...

I would totally send you a picture of Steve if I had my camera.

Now see, if we were in a sitcom (or a medical drama, you know the type) if I said what I am going to say then suddenly one would show up (be glad we aren't in a Japanese monster movie!).

I don't think there's going to be a Mr. DoHP.

(*non-genre blind part sits and waits*)

Alula Borealis said...

I was just trying to comment that if you called him Mr. DoHP, I would have to step in and tell you things were moving to fast, lol.

You said it. You've cursed us all! Genre-specific reference guide:
Romantic Comedy: A florist
Science Fiction: Q's Sexy Plant Guy (ask Q if you don't already know)
Horror: The reincarnated spirit of your dead houseplant
Action: Ecologist fighting the wildfire destruction of a rare variety of cancer-fighting orchid (you have to get cancer in this scenario)
Greek Drama: He turns into a tree every time you touch him (ala Apollo and Daphne)
Musical: (singing) "Little shop, little shop of horrors...!"

Death of Houseplants said...

Well the cancer fighting orchid guy would be Sean Conery (assuming we're thinking of the same movie)...

Q said...

Yummy sexy plant guy!

Alula Borealis said...

OMG I didn't even know it was a real movie...what's it called? (Hoping it's a young Sean Connery, or at least a guy with Sean Connery's voice...cheesecake on a stick, lol)