Monday, June 22, 2009

Cat Litter and Baking Soda

Just to explain the topic, it's with regards to the emails I forwarded to everyone. Apparently the new high-tech scammers are now hacking voice mails to make you think you have a loved one in the clink, and forcing you to use your credit card to make an "account" to speak to said jailbird. Knowing this group, and some of the crazy stuff we claim we're going to do someday, I could buy it if someone had a wild night and wound up in the striped pajamies.

My come-and-get-me (...and-bring-bail-please) code phrase is "spatula juggling."

Also, I've been dosing my cat litter in baking soda. Surprisingly, this does seem to help with odors--even better than odor-control cat litters.

Also also, my free time has been evaporating like sprinkler water on the pavement. I thought I was going to be free to do Strawberry Days this last weekend, going to see Fuzzy and the boy--but no. Turns out I forgot Father's Day until Friday night, and due to my father's birthday in close proximity (and the Holiday Reassignment Rule), we had both Father's Day and Dad's Birthday on Saturday. Then we did Father's Day round 2 on Sunday with Mr. B's family, and I was required to attend because he's gone this week. I am alone with kitties, and it's a tough time for that, because we haven't had a lot of time for each other since I started my job.

Q I did check in on your kitties between Father's Days. Fuzzy, I feel like a really bad friend that I didn't confirm I wasn't coming. My cell phone battery keeps quitting at random and I don't know why; we'll find a time and I will come out to visit and make it up to you.

For Father's Day 2 (also Litha, summer festival) we went out and had a picnic in Estes Park. And now I want to move to Estes.

Alula

2 comments:

Munchkin said...

You can't move to Estes. If you do you will be 45 minutes from me, and 1.5 hrs away from Q and the rest of the Denver type people. I beg of you don't spend all your money on overpriced housing and get snowed in so you run out of food and neither you or your husband can get to work. And the winters up there give people cabin fever if you haven't lived in one place without leaving for weeks at a time before. I beg you don't go crazy. If you want to live closer to that come live in my city and we'll visit there often together because it is one of my favorite places to go. =)

Alula Borealis said...

I think snowed in and crazy is what I'm going for, lol...

I can't stand the heat. I need somewhere colder and rainier than here. The work commute is what would stop me, but Mr. B has promised that if I become spontaneously independently wealthy we can become crazy rich wilderness weirdos.