Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The New Job

The new job is great--for anyone that thinks I'm being too sad about a new job, I am. I still get to walk downstairs every day and see that place on the cupboard where the rat cage used to be and isn't anymore. I just haven't been in a mood to be happy--I use my happy at work so I can do all of my coping on my own time.

It rained today, which made me happy. Rained last night too, and I got to listen to thunder and pitter patter on the roof. Amazing.

But seriously, the job is fantastic and I'm really happy there. I started my projects today and for anyone that the government is inquiring to for background check, please don't comment on it here. It's between you and the government, and thanks for doing it.

What can I say about the new job...? I have my own cubicle. I have a flatscreen monitor. I have fantastic coworkers, whose names I almost have down. I really like my boss and my supervisor, and I'm totally in love with the position. I got an assignment from class over the weekend where I need to create an information architecture project plan for an existing or made up site; when I asked my supervisor if I could use the department site and send my plan off to the web team when I was done he said it was a fabulous idea. In fact, he said he encourages me to crossover as much as I can between work and school in this manner because it helps my education and improves government resources at the same time. Now I'm really hoping my professor at school approves the idea, because I will probably wind up sending off some suggestions to the web team anyways. I'm way into my web development side right now; for those of you who want to check it out, the school notes site I set up as an assignment for class is here: Words and Information.

I'm tired as all get out because as anticipated, Mr. B still does nothing around the house. In the morning he wakes up and gets ready for work, and I have to shower the night before because he "needs the bathroom in the morning." I wake up and make the bed, make the coffee, make the lunches, put in a load of laundry, unload and reload the dishwasher, check school activities, and then get ready for work. Yeah, it's bull. But someone will adjust or something will give.

No comments: