Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dried Apples

So here is my problem I'm trying to dry apples in my new to me dehydrator. I want the apples to turn out not brown and the research I found says ascorbic acid would work better then lemon juice, but I don't have a clue as to where to find pure crystalline ascorbic acid. So if anyone has an idea please let me know!

Fuzzy

and Strawberry Days was a let down not nearly as big as it usually is. So you didn't miss anything besides the Boy riding on a kiddie train all by himself.

2 comments:

Death of Houseplants said...

Get some vitamin C tablets. Crush them up really well. Mix with water or use dry as needed.

Alula Borealis said...

Yeah totally--I was just going to say I think most grocery stores bill their ascorbic acid as Vitamin C (unless you have a specialty store).

A lot of places sell it online in bulk for cheap. :)

Good Luck!