Monday, January 11, 2010

Relatives: Epic Fail

Today I got an email from my mother-in-law stating that we had neglected to cash a check given to us for Christmas by her mother (Mr. B's maternal grandmother), and I am in deep $^%&.

Background: Last year she sent a check for my birthday. I cashed that check pronto but her bank said it never cleared, so I got an earful about how she waited a year for that check to clear. She's a miserly older woman who watches every penny--generally I find this to be a very admirable quality.

After the birthday check fiasco, she said she wasn't sending us checks anymore because she didn't trust us. Fine with me.

Apparently she's still sending checks, and we had spaced that she gave us an envelope over Thanksgiving until we got yelled at.

The contents of said envelope (I found it almost immediately when we remembered it)?

$100, and we are officially out of the Will.

Alula

2 comments:

Munchkin said...

That is very cold... I am sorry bad circumstances have lead to you being cut from what sounds like a decent bit of wealth. Better luck next check when she forgets she isn't sending any to you anymore.

Alula Borealis said...

I don't think she actually cut us off ;)

However, I don't think my stock is rising, either.