Saturday, April 17, 2010

Huh, that's strange

So, my desktop. A rather nice computer, built it myself, only about a year and a half old. It experienced unprovoked catastrophic harddrive failure.

My dad and I could not come up with any thing to do for it other than reinstall windows. But that was going far slower than windows installs should, so I'm off to look for upgrades. Maybe even Windows 7.  Totally not what I was planning on doing this weekend.

And yes, we tried the, use a different cable, use a different port, use a different mother board, thing and nothing recognises this drive. And of course it's my boot drive.

2 comments:

Alula Borealis said...

Two things: is it SATA, and did it come from DELL?

Death of Houseplants said...

It is sata, and, no it did not come from Dell, it was a seagate that I bought about a year and a half ago.