Sunday, April 18, 2010

What kills computers makes them stronger.

My computer is dead.

Long live my computer!

So, would one of the computer guys mind looking at a hard drive out of scientific curosity? It just completely failed, for no explainable reason (there was a power flicker early that day, but it worked fine afterwards), and I just want to know what the heck happened. Of course I gave up on the data.

But I used this, setback, to make some upgrades. about $400 later, I have a "new" computer with Windows 7, which I think, for an operating system is entirely lovable. It makes sense for people who have used windows all their computing lives, and stuff is in logical spots for people who have never used it before. Vista was too user friendly. It assumed you were stupid and couldn't handle stuff yourself and that it should protect you from all the bad stuff that could install on your computer like virus protection. And that you wouldn't understand what it was doing while installing or detecting a network, so it wasn't going to show you. Windows 7 shows the stuff, and like the first option in the "getting started" menu is "Turn off UAC"

And it's pretty. *goes to stare at sparkles*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Munchkin said...

That sounds very sexy.