Monday, April 12, 2010

New "Disease"

Hey Ladies,
I have been seeing a new allergist and he as been running a slew of tests. A few weeks ago I was diagnosed with vocal cord dysfunction, it is not really treatable other than breathing exercises; but it explained why my asthma meds were not helping me breath sometimes.
My doctors English is very poor, so communication has been a hoot for the both of us.
So today at work I was taking my lunch and took a moment to check my voice mail; Its was Doctor calling to tell me that my CT scan from two weeks ago showed that I have Tracheomalacia Its a big fancy work that means the cartilage in my throat is weak, I am not sure how bad it is because I had to hear to the message five times to figure out what it was called. He did call it moderate and I should be hearing from a Otolaryngologis very soon. The treatment for this does not sound all that painful so I am looking on the sunny side.
Q

2 comments:

Fuzzy said...

keep us updated on whats going on

Munchkin said...

Holy Moly! Please do keep us updated. Via text occasionally would be easy.