Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Blogging from the Hospital

Yup. That's where I am. The view out the second story window is just as good as it was last July.

Mr. B was hospitalized this morning around 10. I was at work because when I asked him that morning if he needed me to stay home, which I would have been happy to do, he said he was fine. I remember saying something about how skinny he's gotten. He was skinny before, and now his skin is hanging.

I sent his mother a text asking her to check on him around lunch, and she sent me one back saying his dad was taking him to the hospital, orders of his doctor.

His colon has been bleeding since Monday of last week, and he had to get up about every half hour last night between going to the bathroom and a persistent stomach ache.

So I rushed out of work a little after 1. I think I scared my coworker, who telecommutes most days, because he heard the phone call where someone had been hospitalized and then I had to leave. I came straight to the hospital, except it was the wrong hospital because I was freaking out, and they had to give me directions. Then I got to the right hospital, eventually found the right building, and found my husband.

Once again, he told me he was fine.

I hung around until about 4 when I needed to run home to get his medications. I grabbed dinner on the way and then got home, fed our kitties, got together a night bag and all of his medications, mailed in the speeding ticket he got yesterday, and then came back. It was really weird coming home though, and knowing he wasn't. It kind of made my skin creep. I am really afraid of losing him.

I hope it snows tonight so I have an excuse not to go to school tomorrow; I'm still planning on making it to work, but I might use some sick leave to take that off, too.

Alula

No comments: