Monday, February 8, 2010

Lie to me.

If I ask you, tell me it will be okay. Tell me I'm overreacting, and things are going to figure themselves out.

Mr. B was so sick last night that he passed out during the second half of the Commercial Bowl. He woke up long enough to puke, tell me he knew the Saints were going to win, and drag himself up to the bedroom. We had another rough night between the nausea and the diarrhea. He decided he couldn't attend work today when he thought he was going to faint while showering.

I woke up with a head cold and a hangover from the lack of sleep. I worked from home today because I wasn't going to deal with the snowed out commute as well, so I sat downstairs on my computer running basic data entry all day. I got Mr. B's parents to ferry him to and from his doctor's appointment.

He's lost 4 pounds since his last appointment a week ago. Today, he ate the following: two ounces of a protein shake, 2 ounces of a club soda, about 1/3 cup of chicken broth, and 1/2 a slice of bread with butter on it.

The doctor wouldn't give him the drug that worked last time (it's a corticosteroid called prednisone). He still has other things he "wants to try first," despite the fact that both of Mr. B's parents tried to strong arm him into prescribing the only thing that got Mr. B better last time. My husband is going to be in the hospital before he gets the drug he needs.

Now he is back on the bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast, and has a new run of medications to try. Once again, the doctor requests that we "give him a call if there's no improvement."

Oh, and if there's no improvement this time, chances are good he will have to be admitted to the hospital for treatment.

I am about to improve my foot up this doctor's ass.

Alula

2 comments:

Death of Houseplants said...

So I don't check on y'all for a few days and *boom!* everyone's sick!

I hope Mr. B gets better soon and that he avoids having to spend any time in the hospital.

I'll keep all y'all in my thoughts *hug*

Q said...

Holly its going to be ok! Take it easy this weekend!