Sunday, December 28, 2008

The most geeky thing I have ever done.


(Sorry if the image is large, I'm in computer transition)

I'm debating between letting the image speak for itself and explaining some more.

My big Christmas gift was a whole pile of boxes. That all contained computer parts. So over the last couple of days, I have been building my new computer. It's so shiny it glows. (The case fans, well 3 of the 4, have blue LED lights in them.) And you can see it's innards. It was a whole bunch of fun, and a learning experience. I am no longer afraid of messing about on the inside of my computer, because I know exactly what's in there. And this is great timing too, because my laptop needs to go in for repairs. Silly thing loosing power when it's unplugged for more than 2 minutes.

1 comment:

Alula Borealis said...

Welcome to the dark side.

Q can tell you this is approximately what my workspace looks like during finals--I use my desktop to compile code while I record results on the laptop. Of course, I would also have a general littering of food and empty beverages around me and a crazed look in my compulsively twitching eye. I'll take a pic of my Dad's home office some time--he looks like he could hack the US military with all the wires, computers, and extra storage devices hanging around.

The Terminator was right--they're taking over.