Monday, December 29, 2008

Why do these crazy things keep happening to me!

Before Mr. Q left for Iraq we invested in a land line so I could quote *have a dependable phone*.
Its been giving me some trouble over the last two months. I keep having trouble when it because sometimes my line is in use and all of the phones are on the hook. I have also been getting calls for a man we will call Billy Jo Jo! I get about 3 or 4 calls for Billy Jo Jo or his wife a day if I am home to pick up. I keep telling people that they do not live here. They keep telling me they got this number from Billy Jo Jo. I was starting to thing he was trying to hide form collection agencies. Today however Billy Jo Jo's mother called. Very nice lady. We talked and to my shock and amazement Billy Jo Jo has my same phone number! Sometimes she gets a hold of him and sometimes she gets me. Fascinating!
I called the phone company and they told me that it can happen its just really hard to do. They are going to come check my box tomorrow and make sure it is working and has not been tampered with. Apparently there is a charge for changing your phone number but the tech guy told me that I will not have to pay for it. He is hopping he can figure out what is happening instead of changing my number. But Billy Jo Jo's number really is the same number, and he is using it for his job so I guess I will get a new number in a few days.
Can't wait to tell you all how it works out!

2 comments:

Alula Borealis said...

Interesting...Maybe Billy Jo Jo has a different area code or something?

On our home line we get a lot of calls from south america for some reason. ("...Hola, Juan por favor...?")

Munchkin said...

Holy crap. I had no idea that could happen. Cool that they are going to take care of it for free though.