Tuesday, February 26, 2008

About Mr. B's New Job

The verdict is in, ladies. Mr. Borealis started back to work yesterday, and he apparently LOVES his new job. He's got an extremely upbeat boss and the pay is what he used to make and then some. Truly rediculous how good these government jobs are--as I may have mentioned, it's a job that requires a lot of travel. They pay him per mile he has to drive for work, they cover his hotel stays when he is away, and he apparently gets more than ten dollars per meal per day while he's traveling to cover food expenses. And that's on top of his salary pay (ridiculous!).

BUT.

It's a big but. Speaking of, I'm down a full 5 lbs. on the diet.

It's a lot more travel than I thought it would be. When I was a kid (and even to this day) my dad had a lot of business trips. He was around a lot, but sometimes (frequently when I was a teen) gone more than half the time. Don't get me wrong--my dad's a cool guy and we have an awesome relationship, and he always found time for me and my siblings, but my point is that I don't know how my mother dealt with it.

When Mr. Borealis told me the job involved travel, I was thinking a few overnight trips here and there. He apparently has a 50% chance of spending an entire week in Pueblo in March, already. And then there will be a similar manadatory trip to D.C. in April (Q, I have him checking dates today--I apologize profusely if this throws a wrench into wedding planning).

I'm already lonely.
Alula

No comments: