Monday, February 11, 2008

Dieting partners in crime

Ah, my lady friends—Lilly, I saw your comment.

Question: What am I eating?
Answer: A lot of yogurt, fruits, and vegetables. And, of course, that ultra filling daily horse pill of a multivitamin, my pain killers, and OTC allergy medication.

And yes, I’m exhausted from my lack of carbs. And yes, I’m cheating the diet whenever I can make the evidence disappear, as was the case with the super yummy lite coffee I was naughtily privy to this morning while carpooling to work with Mr. Q. That evidence will be going in Q’s kitchen garbage later. And for goodness sake, Q, do not tell your man I’m supposed to be on a diet—he might join forces with Mr. Borealis and then I’d really be stuck in the fruit department without a candy bar.

By the by, I’m down 1.5 pounds from start of diet. Whoopty freakin’ doo. I think 1.5 in 3 days is a little much, but hey—I actually don’t feel like I’m starving, and I’m thinking maybe I was just really full when I first weighed myself. I’ll have to keep an eye on that because I think I run a moderately high risk of heart attack already (high BP and cholesterol in my family, and a history of heart disease), so I’ll have to keep an eye on losing too much too fast. I learned that from watching a medical drama on television, so of course it HAS to be true!

On the topic of cheese, my doc didn’t mention cheese. Probably because *I* didn’t mention cheese, which probably could have maybe occurred because I knew if I brought up the topic of cheese, my doctor would bring up the topic of my not being allowed to eat it. As warped as it is, in the end my mind this boils down to one thing: my doc didn’t say I couldn’t eat it, so I am therefore still allowed, per se.

In other news, my boss is wandering the office unusually much today. It’s kind of freaking me out because the way my cubicle is set up I can’t see people coming, so my first indication that someone is behind me is when they decide to speak up. Creepy…

I can’t wait for us to move offices at the end of this month. Maybe I won’t get the “easy prey” cubicle design again.

Ladies, a quick tip if you share this annoyingly-surprising-at-random-times situation: bring a mirror or picture frame with high shine to work. Then angle it so you can see behind you like the ones they use in gas stations and quick stop shops. I recommend the glass picture frame over the mirror because it’s harder for people to tell what you’re accomplishing.

Signing off, just thought I’d share with the world the quilt I’m putting together for my nephew:

Sitting duck at my office,
Alula

2 comments:

Death of Houseplants said...

If Mr. Q gets on your butt about your diet (if he ever finds out) remind him about the 2lbs of nutella he ate when he was supposed to be dieting for his PT test.

Something that I think would be real food on your diet would be a salad with lots of leafy greens with feta cheese and garbonzo beans on it. And some of Q's fat-free vinigarette.

And I didn't know you sew. Looks like a really awesome quilt.

(I really gotta make a post one of these days)

Q said...

Yes MR. Q did eat the 2lbs of nutella but he did it in about two days!
Silly boy we try to get all the junk food out of the house and he has to help the wrong way.

Its a very nice lay out for the quilt. It makes me want to play with fabric.