Monday, February 18, 2008

Wetpaw

I have a new roommate!

He moved in with Mr. Q and myself last week and so far we have not butted heads on too many things. Wetpaw (his name- that I will explain in a bit) has always been I know it all. He has to be right with every subject and he can debate for hours. We have been friends with him for years but I was really unhappy with the idea of having him as a roommate. Mr. Q and I are a few months away from getting married and three weeks after that he is leaving for Military duty for a year. I was really uncomfortable about having a male roommate with my husband on the other side of the world; but Mr. Q “trusts me”. Apparently him trusting me is enough to override the way I feel. Its not that I do not trust myself for example if Wetpaw and I were the last ones on earth, I would stay around him for company but on the hole the human species had its problems and is just not worth starting over. He is a very nice guy on the hole when he goes out he asks me if I need anything. He seems to be good about opening tuff jars and carrying heavy things with out being asked. We have always gotten along with him very well, despite his need to be right. He Also handed me the deposit and the first months rent in cash before he moved anything in. I just do not have much time to be with Mr. Q after we are married and not I have to share with Wetpaw. I think anyone who has tried to live with there husband and a roommate will understand. Mr. Q thinks we need the extra money from the roommate but we could have gotten along just fine with out; and he is not the one that will be living with this guy for the next year! Sorry I think I better stop before I start really ranting about how sorry I feel for myself.

Alas I now have a roommate that I really do not want and I must learn how to live with him. This is going to be great!

Now how we came to the name of Wetpaw- I have discovered that Wetpaw does not wash his hands after using the bathroom! This is a disaster! This is something that needs to be put in the prescreening from now on! I will get some sort of scanner that I will run over there hands and test for cleanliness!

So I have been spending the better part of the week trying to figure out how to make the house feel clean again! The impulse was to use Bleach to clean the whole house but that can damage things and it has a strong order!

But then I remembered the 1:30 bleach, it’s a measured watered down solution that will kill the bacteria with less order and harshness. It can fade fabric and you do not want to get it into your eyes but it’s a good fix to a bacteria ridden home! To mix it you need 1 part bleach to 30 parts water. The easiest way I have found to make it is to find a spray bottle that holds thirty ounces and just eyeball a extra marker at the top the you can fill up to the first ounce with bleach and the rest with water! Then you can be like me and bleach your home when everyone is asleep!

1 comment:

Alula Borealis said...

Q, I'm still doing the icky dance from when you told me this...
I eat at your house. Keep at it with that bleach!