Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Death, Shoes, and Pants

I found this interesting article on MSN.com.

20 things you didn't know about death

Funny--I was just looking for information on the agonal phase for a book last week.

Q finally talked me into a pair of Danskos recently, and they are enormously comfortable. My poor connective tissues are finally giving in my feet, so I needed better arch support and something nice enough to pass at Munchkin's wedding and a professional work environment; I really needed them, but I'm still kicking myself over the cost. They were three times what I typically spend on a pair of shoes. More than our typical food budget for any given month. More than the energy bill and water bill combined.

And now Q has me set on another trendy pair that are white with poetry written on them. Maybe in six months...

Another first: today I walked into a clothing store alone and attempted to find myself black pants for work. I found a pair, but now I need someone to confirm that they actually fit me. I had the realization that I'm almost 25 and I still can't dress myself. Anyone who would like to dress me, please have at it; anyone who calls What Not to Wear will be shot on sight. I got a new, "professional" purse too. Cost of purse and pants: 1/4 cost of shoes (and as Mr. Q pointed out recently, cost of new oven: 4 pairs of shoes).

Good Lord, you'd think they'd be encrusted with rubies and able to teleport me home with a click of the heels for that price.

Alula

2 comments:

Munchkin said...

A GOOD pair of shoes is worth that price. Imagine how much more it will cost you if you have to start having surgeries for the connective tissue problems young. I'd rather buy awesome shoes that last, than cheap shoes that don't last and kill you. So don't kick yourself over buying something(s) that will help your overall well being for many years to come. =)

Death of Houseplants said...

The Danskos will last you a long time. And are orthopedic. Which you need.

I am incapable of going shopping without my mom. 'Cause I can't dress myself either. At least in terms of deciding what looks good vs bad.