Saturday, April 4, 2009

Nibble on my resume!

WooooooHooooooo!

So I've been applying left and right to every place that's hiring (and even some that aren't) lately. I've expanded my search pool to include retail jobs that pay crap and yes, even the dreaded fast food service.

But two days ago an email arrived in my inbox, forwarded by someone in the program to my program advisor, who sent it on to the rest of us poor untrained schmucks. It's a trainee position assisting with general research needs, cataloging, organizing references, etc. It's 30-40 minutes from where I live (...though not through a major city this time, thank goodness) and it doesn't say what it pays, but it's listed using words like "part time employement with the possibility of full time over the summer". So I jump on it and bypass the contact person and send the top guy a resume, hoping I get to it before anyone else on our email list does.

Last night I get an email back and the guy says my resume is "very impressive" and he would like to meet with me for an informal interview this week. SCORE!

So I may not get the job, and even if I do I may be making peanuts, but this position is real work for a real, established research and learning institution. I'm just psyched someone is interested in even meeting me.

Wish me luck, Ladies!

Alula

3 comments:

Munchkin said...

Congratulations my dear. You are one step closer to eternal bliss (working for the rest of your life). I hope you get the job so you can stop picking up everyone and everything else's crap all the time. =) GOOD LUCK!

Q said...

I just wanna see you quit your current job! It stinks! Good luck!

Munchkin said...

Does that mean I can quit my day job too? I mean if she gets to why can't I?