Thursday, November 19, 2009

OMG FREE BOOKS!!!

As a bibliophile and a technophiliac, I have to tell you all about this. Yes I know you already got the email.

Amazon is now in Beta for their new Kindle for PC! If you don't have it yet, you need it. It's free and takes about 30 seconds to download. Get it here:


After you download it, look through the books for Kindle here:


Now, here's the thing: when you select a genre, you can sort it lowest to highest by price to view the free books. Yes, free books. And many are very cheap (under $1 to download--cheaper than a garage sale practically). I like the Science Fiction books (there are many fantastic fiction and fantasy titles as well, and non-fic like cooking, history, and autobiographies):


The fantastic part is that all of these titles are transferable, which means when I eventually upgrade to a Kindle anything I downloaded (free or purchased), I can move over to my Kindle! How cool is that!

Once you "buy" some free books, you go into your Kindle for PC and select "Sync and Check for New Items" in the Menu tab at the upper right hand corner, and all your downloaded stuff will pop up on the Kindle for PC home page area, ready to read. (Note: there are thousands of free and under $1 books, as well as non-Amazon books you can find elsewhere that are compatible.)

Also, today is my 2-year marriage anniversary with Mr. B. Our 8-year anniversary was back on the 9th. However, he is out of town. But later, I will be treating myself to our traditional fancy dinner at Subway and watching FlashForward with him over Google chat. We're very tech-nouveau as couples go. :)

Happy (FREE BOOKS!) Downloading!

Alula

No comments: