Sunday, November 15, 2009

Lonely...I'm so lonely...

I'm sitting here listening to my Blue October channel on Pandora, being lonely. I looked through a friend's wife's photo album of their kid born last July, and suddenly realized, I think, why people have kids. Damn she looks happy.

No, I do not want one anytime soon. (Nor am I drunk right now. Yeah, I can see you thinking it!)

But I am is sick of school. My give-a-damn's broken, as it were, and I think I'm okay hitting an 80% for my final projects this semester--none of them are particularly inspiring to me.

However, I have been given a lovely opportunity at work to beta a really cool product that's getting released to the public on December 3rd, and that really has been inspiring. I swear I love this job so much it's the only thing keeping me in school through these rough times.

Today we had the first big Christmas craft sale of the season, and Q really raked it in yesterday. Today was a bit of a bust due to heavy snow last night and this morning keeping the crowds away. We collected a bunch of cards and I had personal conversations with some of the crafters, getting email addresses for our online site. Fuzzy noticed early on these people don't like the word "consignment", because those businesses "screw them over." All in all, a pretty successful endeavor, as it looks like there is a lot of interest in such a site.

But I am now in an overly sentimental mood and my husband leaves again tomorrow. Poop.

And I have homework to do. Double poop.

I'm going to write a book this week. And I'm probably going to put up the Christmas decorations on the site early. I'm sorry if this annoys anyone; read my post on Slacker Productivity for the reason why this happens every finals season, and doubly so during holiday sentimentality.

1 comment:

Q said...

Well if you not drink, it as to be your hot-water-heater leaking toxic fumes!