Monday, November 30, 2009

High school troubles

Hey Ladies,
I need to check in more!
Last week Mr. Q's Grandfather pass away. It came as a shock because he was only 68 years old. I am sorry I only really spent one day with him, I wish I could have gotten the opportunity to know him better. Even with the little time I spent with him, I found him to be a loving man, that reminded me so much of Mr.Q.
I figure I should post about high school at some point. Going back to finish this education as been a challenge, but on the hold going very smoothly. Until two weeks ago, my English grade dropped from a A, 100% to a C 78% in one week. (that equals one class) One of the major hits to my grade was a movie analysis. I got a A on the ruff draft and failed the final draft; in fact the hole class failed the final draft. How does that add up? This week my grade is dropped again to a 72% because she put the assignment that was done in class last week, (that I missed due to a death in my family) in as a 0%. I'm not accustom to this grading style, but I guess it a good idea to see what my grade is with out it turned in. For the first have of this class the teacher was happy go lucky " I want all of you to pass"; and now she is grading with a vengeance. I have raised my concerns with my counselor. This teacher is new to the school so the office is watching her closely. Tomorrow I will be showing my counselor all of my papers from this class and see what she recommends I do. I have to have a C to pass, and with out this class I will not graduate this semester. Its ironic because I only need a History credit to get all of my credits for a diploma; but the school requires that I complete two classes at their school. History is going great, and that is super nifty! The teacher in that class has yet to lexure, its rather amusing; we read our books and watch movies. To graduate high school these day you have to pass a exit exam, for two months I have been asking when this has to be done, each time I have been told i had plenty of time. Today I found out they are due by Friday, two weeks before finals. Wish me luck! Since I have proven myself to be a smart cookie I have to take the hardest version of the test. I failed the grammar portion of the test today, but its no big deal apparently; I just keep taking the test until I pass it. Its like The Price is Right! Only I don't get people shouting out the correct bubble to fill in. I am hopping they do not make me bang my head against this test all week, but I don't think I am that lucky.
I have a craft sale this weekend, I just about sold out of everything I had at the last sale. I was hopping to sew all week, but now its looking like I will be testing all week and writing a kick ass final paper for my English class. Its all worth it, I just wish some one would throw me a bone and let me finish high school. I feel I have more to offer this world, than a high school drop out. I am thinking I am jumping though a lot of hoops for this piece of paper. I'm ready to jump though hoops for a fancy collage paper.
I'm sure everyone will be studying like mad for the next too weeks! Good luck surviving all of the torture your teachers have in store for you. We are gonna survive this semester!

No comments: