Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy Day After St. Patrick's Day!

I meant to post yesterday, but whatever. Happy (late!) drink a lot and eat green food and get pinched by people you don't know Day.

Exciting news: Last Saturday I started my garden (woohoo!) it's indoors now because it's still too cold here to put my little newly planted seeds outdoors, but they are moving along. So far I've planted my herb garden, tomatoes, peppers, peas, pumpkins, and sunflowers and wildflowers. I also transplanted a raspberry plant and some strawberry plants. I don't think it would be visible on the camera, but this morning I saw the first little green sprouts popping up in the wildflower planter.

And speaking of camera, another mystery solved in my life--for weeks now I've been asking Mr. Borealis to please show me how to get the pictures from the digital camera onto the computer, and was always met with "okay I'll show you later." Then he forgets, or I forget, or there's something of eminent importance that he has to do, or the batteries are dead, the computer is downloading something big, etc. WELL. I finally cornered him on Saturday, demanding he show me how, and my first clue that something was up was that he got extremely defensive.

"Do we have to do it now?"

Yes.

"Why do you need to know?"

Because.

"It's so easy! I shouldn't have to show you!"

Show me anyways.

"WHY?!"

Why are you being so edgy, Mr. Borealis?

Dead silence.

And, as it turns out, Mr. B lost the memory card to the camera at some point since the move. I believe he wanted to find it so that I wouldn't ever find out it was missing, but hit a wall every time he tried to get off his bum and execute that plan ( men...). We found it while searching together later that day, and as soon as I get new batteries, pics of everything I have promised will be arriving on this site.

Forcing the confession,
Alula

2 comments:

Death of Houseplants said...

Now does your garden count as house plants still? Because you should not let me anywhere near it until it fully qualifies as a garden.

~Death of Houseplants

Alula Borealis said...

Excellent point, Lilly, Q told me about the curse...
Hum. I guess I'll be moving the fruit trees into the kitchen while you're out here for the wedding (no biggy). I'm also guessing the rest of the "house plants" will have matured enough to be in the courtyard by then.