Thursday, March 6, 2008

Why home phone lines are important

Ah, sweet victory--it turns out I am a scarily productive person when Mr. Borealis is out of town (except on the visit to the pharmacy front--I am now at one week without pain medication and I feel physically ill). Yesterday a pushy salesman accosted Q in her own home trying to get her to sign up for a home phone. I used the situation to my benefit because I've wanted a home phone line since Mr. Borealis and I moved into our new place last fall.

The issue was as follows: we bought a beautiful home constructed in the late 60's, and the exterior is composed of genuine stucco. For those of you who don't know, real-deal stucco is solid stuff--it's 2+ inches thick and underlain with a wire mesh. Imagine me trying to use a cell phone inside a bird cage covered over in cement. Not effective.

At last, with this new phone line, I can finally hold conversations with people and not have the call drop two minutes in. There will be no more pressing my face against the window trying to keep a signal in vain. And most importantly, there will be no more wondering if 911 will be able to hear me or find me if there were an actual emergency. Huzzah!

Phone number to follow,
Alula

No comments: