Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Victory in the Courtyard!

Down 6 lbs. from start of diet. Still without pain meds for the fibro and BJHS because I keep forgetting.

Lots of things in and out of my life lately.

The trash in the courtyard: out, finally!

The sink in the courtyard: still in, regrettably.

Mr. Borealis: out and away on his first business trip this week, and I already miss him dreadfully.

New gardening tools and utensils: in, as I’m now planning our edible garden for the year and planning on peas, pumpkins, tomatoes, sunflowers, marigolds, and possibly corn, peppers, cucumbers, zucchinis, strawberries, raspberries, lemons and squashes. There will also be a standard herb garden containing parsley, mint, rosemary, chives, thyme, basil, and sage (at least!). I’m also going to try to get my hands on some mushroom plugs so I can grow buttons, garden giants and shiitakes—I’m on the lookout for red currants, too. Mind you, all of this is going to have to happen in our cemented courtyards in pots, as we don’t actually own a “yard,” per se. I’ll be sure to get pictures if I’m successful.

Hand knitting: out, at least for a while, as I got a new toy—it’s one of those hand crank operated auto-knitters. It took me nearly five hours learn the machine’s eccentricities but now it’s working fabulously for me.

Homework: in, as I have a major linguistics transcription project due this Thursday.

I really need to get to the pharmacy,
Alula

3 comments:

Death of Houseplants said...

Go to the darn pharmacy! I promise they won't bite. And if you wait too much longer (about 2 weeks total) they have to put your medication back. And then when you come in to get it it won't be there and you'll have to wait while they refill it.

So go! I doubt it's closed now. Unless it's a strange one with 9-5 hours, and then I want to know if it's hiring.

Q said...

well have your ordered it yet?

Alula Borealis said...

lol. No, I haven't even ordered it. I think Mr. Borealis threw out the prescription number. Lilly I will certainly look for bank hour pharmacies for you--you know we want you back, and it would probably be a lot more convenient with you riding my butt to get in and pick up my pills! I am so miserable without them.