Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Vacation Day 2

This. Motel. Sucks.

I'm taking pictures of all of this to be inserted when the internet allows. The AC unit is from the 80s or earlier and doesn't really work. There is no closet. The bed is a full, though they are claiming it is a queen, and I full-heartedly believe it is made of cardboard disguised with a mattress cover. Literally no bounce. And Mr. Borealis likes to spread out when he sleeps (the reason we have a king size at home) so I slept on roughly twelve inches width of might-as-well-be-a-concrete-floor last night.

And now I have received a phone call that Mr. Borealis's boss would like me to join them for lunch. Thai food. I appreciate the Thai, and I do like meeting new people, but the whole aspect of meeting someone I know I have to impress (or at least behave in front of) is always a little uncomfortable. It's like a job interview, and I'm supposed to be on vacation, %#$*@&(#&!

With mucho understanding that the two of you would like to spend time together since Mr. Q is back, I would like to clarify an earlier comment I made to Q's last post--Mr. B and I had A LOT of "territory wars" when we started living together as professional married people. That's why we spent so much time at Q's place, because it was nuetral ground. So if you guys would like to vacation at our place while we're out of town feel free--our movie collection is on display, and we offer free high speed wireless.

Also, I think I've already said it, but I'll help you clean organize anything that needs it Friday for the party.

Alula

No comments: