Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Getting close...

Well, I'm cranky lately. No secret about that. It's because of the afforementioned baby boom that's happening in my life right now, which has resulted in an unfortunate use of abstinence as birth control in my household. I'm going bonkers and I almost told my boss to take my crap job and shove it yesterday (in my head I was using stronger language, including the ever-popular anatomically impossible).

I'm crafting and writing a lot right now. I set up on Ecrater for the store Q and I plan to run; we need a logo that I haven't had time to design, preferably showing a rat and a dragon--maybe with the dragon looking a little feline-tiger-ish. We're officially Rat & Dragon now, picked because it's something big and something small, both are notorious horders of the fabulously valuable and the dully mundane, they're infamous dungeon mongers in any game of RPG, and there's a slight Asian astrological influence involved that will tie in nicely when we reach the step where we open the tea house.

If anyone wants to take a crack at that logo, go for it. If at all possible, I'd like it to be simple enough that it can be embroidered on things (like a pen drawing). Of course, if someone designs something we ultimately decide to use, the artist will receive a plug on the site and a cut of any merchandise sold that uses the logo (like embroidered hat, bags, shirts, etc.). There might be no return at all, but I'm hoping that's not the case.

Q, we need a programmable embroidery machine.

Mr. B is trying to help me figure out how and where I need to register the business so I can get charged out the wazoo with taxes, but it looks like something internet based won't cost me more than $50 to start up. Q, anything you buy for business purposes (i.e. fabric, bird seed, thread, etc.) save your receipt and write the date on it. Then give it to me and I'll file it so we can count it as a deduction.

I've got my basement set up as a workable lab now, and all it's missing is a DVD player. There's no cable down there so my TV is currently just occupying space. I inherited my family's most beloved piece of furniture, which really made the room for me. It's a giant blob of a bean-bag loveseat. My parents got it when we were kids, then my brother took it to his first house, then my sister took it to college, and now it's mine.

Other things we still need to jump start this business include: someone with more website design experience than me (not hard to do), more artists to fill spots on the site, logos and art/designs to build the site.

Q, what else do we need?

Alula

2 comments:

Death of Houseplants said...

Rat and Dragon... I like it! I think the only thing I can help with really is being a crafter. Dice bags are my thing, and kinda fit with the theme.

Munchkin said...

Call me sometime... Mr. Munchkin would love to hear some more specifics of what you have in mind for your logo.