Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Holy pile of horse dung Batman!

Hey Ladies!
My mini van is getting up there in years and interesting things break now. My side wing window in the sliding door has been broken long before I got the car. Its no big deal I just never used that window and I have zipped tied it shut. But yesterday it was windy! I went to get into my car and banged my knee on the driver door. I heard a crash, I did think much of it because my knee hurt and I wanted to get out of the wind. I close my car door but the wind does not stop. What the heck! I start looking around and the window on my passenger window has blown out! (insert your favorite swear word!) I sit in my car for a few, thinking about how I'm gonna clean up glass in the parking lot of my orthodontist. Luck was on my side though. when I got out of the car the glass was still in one piece. there was a chunk missing out of a corner but still! I still have a big problem though. My other windows could blow out because of the wind getting into the car. not to mention, my garage is a storage unit and there is not room for a car. My car was also open to the public.
I drove across the street to Target and stomped my way though the store looking for something to fix it. I called my parents home because my mother worked at a auto glass repair shop for a few months and bless her she made connections. My mother gave me the number for her friend the glass dude! I called him and he said" try not to put duck tape on your paint! ". Then " Go to the dealer and get some window parts, and call me back." A half hour and fifty five dollars later at the dealer he calls me back and says "come over to my house!" God bless this man; I got there and he reattached my glass to the door and sent me on my way! If I have gone to a glass shop it would have been over $200.
Crisis managed! With a hole lot of good luck, to counter the bad luck! Thank you Universe!

No comments: