Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Complete your own adventure: Mystery of the Pharmacy call

The phone rings, it's picked up. You hear:
"Big Chain Pharmacy, this is Death of Houseplants, how can I help you?"

How do you respond?
"Is the male pharmacist there?"
-"No sir, he's not, he'll be in tomorrow, would you like to talk to today's pharmacist?"
-"No it's fine, I'll ask you, do you have the his and hers lube?"
"I have a worker's comp there. I only have one pill left and my shoulder still hurts from when that &@%#^ beat me up at work"
-"*sounds of mental break down on other end of the line*"
"I need a refill"
- Pause
-Pause
-Pause
-"Okay, what's your name"
- "Q"
- "Okay, what's your last name"
-"*Last name*"
- "What do you need the refill on?"
-"I'll just give you the number"
- *Sounds of tech beating head on counter* (numbers are easier)
"I haven't pooped in 3 days, can you tell me something to take?"
-"Let me grab my pharmacist"
"When can I fill my Lortabs/Somas/Vicodens/Xanaxes/Tramadols?"
-"You got them filled last week"
"Hey this is cool girl from the store down the street, do you have a drug in stock?"
-"I don't know if the drug you want but I have one in stock, actually I have lots of drugs in stock, I don't happen to have Metformin today, but I'm pretty well stocked on everything else"

3 comments:

Alula Borealis said...

HA!

Thanks for that, DoHP. I'm happy to tell you that I use the automated call-in so I don't have to bother you busy types. I even remind the nice pharmtechs that my prescription is in the freezer when I go in (otherwise they spend five minutes searching, rechecking the call-in, and then getting the pharmacist).

By the way, can anyone give me a helpful review on the his and hers lube? I have to say I'm intrigued.

Death of Houseplants said...

Well all I've seen about it is the ad. But I found the amazon reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/K-Y-Couples-Lubricant-1-5-Ounce-Packages/dp/B000XB4M46

Seems helpful.

And the automated call in system is a godsend. So is being able to do it on the internet. We normally put tags in the big bin with the rest of the scripts when one is in the fridge. But we know our regulars and know that "hey, her thing is in the fridge!"

Q said...

you should know I'm old fashioned! I'm the type go in and ask for a refill on a Wednesday mourning, I also like to tell the wounderful person filling my drugs that I am in no hurry and I can pick it up when it is a good time for them!