Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cough Syrup of the Beast

Today I was at work, like I am most days. The phone rings like it does bajillions of times every day. My co-worker picks up the phone. I don't pay any attention to the conversation, as I'm working on a prescription for someone else. The only thing I notice is that she transfers the call to the front store after saying that she didn't know if we had the product as she can't find it in our computer.

A couple minutes later, the phone rings again. I answer it this time and there's a lady on the other end asking A) why she got transfered to the front store when every other pharmacy (I guess she has called all of them) can answer her question, and B) do we have a cough syrup called 6-6-6?

Who knew Hell made cough syrup?

1 comment:

Alula Borealis said...

LOL!
Apparently Hell does! I did some rooting around (to see if the stuff actually exists) and it totally does! Then I did some more rooting around trying to figure why someone would name it that--turns out it was the prescription number waaaaaay back when the company invented it (go figure--that's some luck!) and they just haven't bothered to change it since.