Wednesday, June 25, 2008

While Mr. Borealis is away...

I've promised these pictures for a while, and I figure there might be a fair bit of interest for them because my home is perpetually compulsively clean. While Mr. Borealis is away on business, I usually take the time to explore my creative side by doing all the messy stuff I'm not allowed to when he's around. Sorry for the poor lighting in the pics.

Ladies, I present for your amazement the messiest my home has ever been:

These photos were taken during Mr. B's extended business trip to D.C. last April/May, and I decided to clean out the basement and the craft room--it took me 5 days to get it this bad, and almost as long to clean it up. He arrived home never knowing it looked like this at all.

Other business trip secrets include: purchase of a salad bowl set, rat vomit, flooding the courtyard, dying my tongue blue with a sucker, naked morning yoga in the living room, spending an entire day in my underpants on the couch watching legal drama, playing one computer game on the desktop while simultaneously playing another on my laptop AND eating nothing but cheap noodles all day, the one time I used our entire coffee table as a sculpting surface for polymer clay, and using Italian salad dressing and mild salsa as a meat marinade because I was too lazy to go to the store.

By the way, on that last one happened today--I give the recipe four couch potatos out of five.

Alula

2 comments:

Q said...

Its so homey looking!

Alula Borealis said...

To you and me, sister, but not to my (loveable) freak of a husband.