Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Crazy Again

A Mediterranean sunset I took a picture of back in 2003.

Ladies, I woke up again feeling like I'm wasting my life, or at least not enjoying it as much as I should be. Mr. Borealis and I started into marriage counseling last Friday; went okay--about as expected. Get ready for a shocker: we have control issues. The counselor is a nice guy. I don't think we have the money for the kinds of counseling he's suggested we need (sad as it is, this is kind of funny to me).

I can't figure out why my brain won't engage lately. I keep getting stumped by minor difficulties at my (unpaid) work and then I can't seem to get motivated enough to get going again. I've applied for a few other jobs because I could really use the money, but I guess I'm really hoping the change will snap me out of this.

I can't read. I can't write. I can't draw, paint, knit, crochet, sculpt, or garden. I haven't even been able to really take satisfactory pictures. None of it is really enjoyable anymore, and my freaking migraines are back. At least it's raining today. I heard there's a chance for thunder storms tonight, which would be nice.

For the time being the current writing project has been put on hold--it's not turning out the way I want it. It's flavorless, like most other things in my life right now. A new project begins which is hopefully more productive.

And the cheap flash counter no longer displays so now I have to hunt down and gut another one,
Alula

2 comments:

Q said...

Kiddo Mercury is in retrograde. Give it a few weeks!

Munchkin said...

When life gives you lemons... Have your friends help you make lemonade! Just keep us posted on how much you need so we don't run out of lemons.