Monday, June 2, 2008

Spring has Sprung!!!

Ah, winter. I've got to say I love the cold weather. Allow us to reflect--I took this one from the back courtyard last February-ish:


And now I shall shamelessly brag about the success of my mini-garden!

My tiny little raspberry sprig managed to produce real fruit, which was a blessing and a surprise.

Remember those pumpkin seeds I planted back start of March-ish? They're flowering now.I have no idea what this plant is called--it was a freebie that came with the planter (my mom downsized her own garden and gave me a lot of her big pots). I love the colors, though, and sure has made the front courtyard look spiffy!Even my little indoor orange tree flowered. The flowers only last a few days, so I hand pollinated them and now I have the potential for 5 little oranges to start growing (for the size of the tree this would be a stretch--I'll probably get 2-3).And finally, the latest addition to the back courtyard. This is our bird feeder (with a bird!). We get mostly sparrows, but we also have a handsome blue jay that visits two times daily; I'm hoping to get a picture of him to post here. It's also attracted two squirrels (a male and a female)--I wouldn't mind the squirrels at all if they hadn't made a habit of digging all the birdseed out onto the ground in search of the sunflower seeds. So we are currently seeking a new squirrel-proofed location for the feeder.Surely more to come from the garden,

Alula

No comments: