Monday, March 9, 2009

First Real Sit-Up of My Life

Just quickly--I've never been able to do a "real" workout because of my connective tissue disorder. I was told no running, jumping, or twisting/pressure on my senstive joints. But recently I became so upset about how far I've degressed just since my wedding that I decided I was going to start doing this hard since I'm already dieting and suffering through school.

I'm doing wall push-ups to keep off my knees. I was doing crunches, and I realized I'd never been able to do a "real" sit-up, even when I was a young spry strong thing (lol, I've always been sickly). I assumed it was because my back just wasn't strong enough or put together right or something, but in the drive to get flab-free abs (not likely) I was determined. So I defiantly stuck my feet under the dresser in the bedroom and strained until I got all the way up in one motion.

Ladies, it felt like something ripped in my back during the last 5 inches. I collapsed on the floor and didn't move for about 20 minutes. When the pain lessened, I got up and moved to the bed. I feel fine now and everything still works so I'm thinking it wasn't serious.

My goal tomorrow is to do 3 of them.

Alula

No comments: