Monday, March 9, 2009

Never Ending Barrage of Crap

For those in the sisterhood who have experienced their own weddings already, I sincerely apologize if I wasn't sensitive enough to your needs. This crap sucks to do on your own. I have too many things to do between work and school to worry about the simple, ridiculous, barrage of crap that my wedding keeps raining down on my head. I don't want to answer the stupid questions my mom keeps asking me. I am so sick of her saying, "This is the only chance you get to do this right, it's just one day make some sacrifices." She isn't ponying up all the money to do all the crap she wants me to do so I tell her I don't want anymore details. She thinks that I will just be boring without the details and then I have to ask her if she is going to take care of them for me? She can't take care of most of them... because they really have to be done by me. She will now be putting the little boxes I have together (I'm still paying for them though). This crap has to end. I can't do it anymore, I don't have enough time and energy for this. I am so overwhelmed I haven't played WoW in three weeks. Grrrrrr........ >.<

~Munchkin

P.S. Please save me if you can.

2 comments:

Alula Borealis said...

Hon, this is going to sound really stupid coming out of my metaphorical mouth right now, but:

Don't sweat the small stuff.

You've told me about your wedding, and it's going to be beautiful. This is your day, and not your mom's, and if she's stressing you out you maybe need to tell her she's making this a not-so-positive experience for you. It's a wedding, and it's supposed to be *your* version of fun and beauty, and done on your budget, so try not to let people get to you. It's all about you and Mr. Munchkin in the end, and as long as vows are exchanged there's smooching, you know the rest of us are going to cry anyways.

That said, make a list of things we can do, and we will do what we can. By this point I was delegating my head off--I was literally just assigning crap left on my list and saying "Figure it out, report back for approval" for my hair, my nails, my shoes, center pieces, food, and music.

The wedding was eclectic and informal, but that's the way our family swings. I still hear to this day that everyone in my family thought dancing the Time Warp was a hoot, the cheese logs were awesome, the speeches were funny, and the decorations were beautiful. And the vows? With all the hippy god-and-goddess unending circle deal and the Star Trek "Make it so!" at the end? In a word, it was so *us*; so go forth and be *you* and it will be as super awesome as you ever thought it would, because you'll be so stressed and tired that day you'll hardly remember it anyways.

I didn't even know we had a drink fountain there until someone complimented me on it.

Q said...

hey,
I think it was around this time last year when I started screaming for everyone to self delegate!
But Alula is right. This wedding is for you and Mr. Munchkin! If you do not want something you do not have to have it.
And for peats sake don't let anyone talk you into a spray on tan!
Its gonna be perfect cause your marring the guy you love!