Friday, March 6, 2009

Hazing Update

Well, I squeezed in a phone interview yesterday at 4:30, thereby officially completing the last component of this monstrous project.

S.W. and I talked to the Professor last night, and worked out how everything was going to happen tonight at class. She was heavily apologetic that this turned out to be such a negative experience for us, and assured me that she was going to approach Flighty and give him the chance to make up the project through an individual project for credit. As for Absent, well, the Professor said she was going to recommend that she just retake the class because she'd missed so much class in addition to the project. She also said that she (the Professor) would watch out for us during class to be sure there was no negative confrontation with Flighty, since she had made the call not to credit him or Absent for our project.

Oh, and about Absent....

She emailed me late last night to say the paper draft I'd sent 2 weeks ago wasn't opening for her. Then she said "My apologies I had some personal stuff and had to be out of town for a few weeks. Email me about project work."

Sure. Right.

We turn in this 8-week fiasco *tonight* y'all, and God Bless S.W. and I, we got the whole sucker finished by ourselves. I wanted to write Absent and tell her she could take our project and shove it, but I didn't. I told her I was sorry, as the project was due tonight, we went ahead without her and just did it. I told her I hoped all of her personal stuff worked out, and that she should probably email the Professor to see where we go from here. I told her I hoped we had the chance to work on a different project together in the future, so I could get the chance to know her.

I have overcome. And my friends, rising above sucks. Some people just need a good slapping.

Alula

1 comment:

Munchkin said...

Well good job getting that project done sounds like it was a difficult one. And you are certainly the better person for having not been mean to them. Keep up your awesomeness. I'll be praying for easier work for you the rest of the semester.