Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Preparing for Mr, Q's two week homcomming

Hey Ladies,
Mr. Q is coming home on leave in a few weeks. So I am trying to get the house ship shape before then. I got a new blind in our bed room and I'm gonna try to get a new curtain rod up before he gets home. I have also trying to get a room cleaned out to set up a bed for guests, I have basically been using it for a landing pad since he left. Today however I worked in the back yard. It was nice out, and I almost enjoyed raking up dead weeds. I have some rose bushes to plant but I did not get to those today. Hopefully I will get to them tomorrow. My back yard was not taken care of by the last owners. But it looks like some one use to take care of it and had it landscaped. I keep finding big slaps of flag stone buried a few inches under the dirt. It slows me down a lot when I am trying to plant something and the shovel clings on a giant rock that I have to dig out instead. There is so much work to be done! But at least I have free flag stone to use! It would really help if I had any skill at growing plants!

2 comments:

Alula Borealis said...

I know you're doing prep for planting, so here's the thing: FERTILIZE TODAY!!!

It's supposed to snow like the dickens tomorrow (free water!) so if you have it, you can put your fertilizer out today and it'll be good to go when the snow melts

Q said...

No fertilizer for my yard, Its gonna have to survive off of faith!
I hope we get the promised snow though. Will the weather man get it right once this year? There job must really suck!