Sunday, May 10, 2009

Avoiding All...

Well ladies, I believe that God would like me to continue a love and hate relationship with him. The reason I have come to believe this is true goes a little something like this.

A Couple days ago I was ALL set to start my laundry (I feel your pain on doing it DoHP, I hate putting it away too). I have all my cloths sorted into piles and ready to start the 5 loads I need to do, when all of the sudden I go down to check out the spider my brother is trying to catch and I see a spill in the floor of his basement bedroom. I proceeded to ask him what was on the floor (it looked like one of my dogs had tried to do him a favor and clean his carpet with their urine). He to me, "Oh, it's just water." To which I proceeded to tell him that when there is water underneath the carpet soaking it, there is no such thing as just water. We frantically found the leak area and best we could while I called my favorite plumbing company (the one who gave me a new pipe in February 2008).

The plumber arrives and finds the leak quickly because there is a loud drip. We watered the front lawn about thirty minutes before we discovered the leak. Obviously this was the problem, so we now have a new from faucet. Here is what the old one looked like:
That split you see is about half an inch long and was an eigth inch buldge on the side view of it. Now you may be wondering what caused this massive burst in our faucet, I assure you that no one but God Almighty could have done this. Every winter including the last we remove our hoses like good little children, as we did this winter. This being said, the pipe with the burst in it you see above is "freeze proof" and it froze and burst. Just our luck, we can even freeze a freeze proof pipe so we spend all my money. Thanks so much God, for all your love and good fortune... after all I didn't have to do my laundry that night, it was the perfect out.

~Munchkin

No comments: