Sunday, May 17, 2009

Goodbye to a old friend!

Hey Ladies!
I received news from my repair shop last week that my mini van had reached the end of its prime. It needed more repair than the car was worth. Not what I wanted to hear, I loved that car!
Spike (my van) and I have had three happy years together! He worked his fender off for me over the years. He was at my side everyday when I went to work, He work just as hard as I did, if not harder! He was almost always faithful and reliable. Almost every one in the Sisterhood learned how to drive in him. At that time he belonged to Fuzzy's mother. Last year he survived running over a semi tire on the highway. It took quite a tole on him but he just kept going! He will be put on auction and I have been assured he will be purchased but someone who needs him, and they will get a good year worth of love out of him. He drove us to so many great memories! May he one day rest in peace!










4 comments:

Alula Borealis said...

My favorite memories of Spike:

I'll never forget the meorable team the two of you were, Q. Like when you have to rev the engine and get a running start to get Spike over the rut at the Renaissance Festival campgrounds--he's the only minivan I've ever known to have had that kind of off-roading potential. We hauled a lot of crap in that car, too. Crap crap and valuable crap, I mean. We fought in that car, we ate in that car, we slept in that car, and we joked about using it to run down bad boyfriends for the potential of just popping the hatch and tossing them in for a quick getaway and disposal (in your uber large freezer, of course). In my mind, it's going to live in the wild with the flying Anglia from Harry Potter.

So long, Spike!

Munchkin said...

Bye Spike! We love you!

Death of Houseplants said...

*salutes* Goodbye Spike. You were a fantastic car that put up with way more than any mini-van should ever have to. I mean you were a day care car for quite some time. You got taken off roading. You hauled more crap (good and bad) than any one of our other cars could.

And should you meet a little blue toyota where you've gone, she'll take good care of you.

Q said...

All cars go to heaven! But spike you have earned you self a seat next to Mr. Ford himself!