Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Men: Unusually large children

I get to be a real witch during finals. So inexcusably much so that I apologize to people in advance. I warn Mr. B that things around the house just aren't going to get done, and usually he's okay with it, but I just need to recount my week.

Monday morning: I didn't get my paper finished the night before due to a family emergency where Ociffer needed me to watch his kids. Woke up, came down, found a bowl of guacamole in the fridge, uncovered, the entire fridge smells like rotting avacado. I let it go. I find a bunch of plastic bags in the recycling bin, inform Mr. B in a very friendly tone that bags cannot be recycled (hence the reason we have reuseable ones), and let it go. I point out to him that we have a sheet that details what is recycleable right above the garbage, and let it go.

Monday afternoon: finished my paper, turned it in, took a shower, had marital relations to celebrate. Started the next paper.

Tuesday Morning: I come downstairs and find the leftovers of Mr. B's dinner from the night before, Macaroni and cheese and peas, still sitting on the stove. I let it go; at least he cooked for himself and left me alone. The box for the macaroni and the can for the peas are in the garbage. I rinse the can and put those items in the recycling, along with the junkmail from Monday afternoon which was also misplaced in the garbage, and in a friendly tone tell Mr. B that junkmail, cardboard, and cans go in the recycling. I again point out the recycleables guide. I let it go.

Tuesday night: Mr. B gets home and finally cleans up his mess of Mac 'n Peas from 24 hours earlier. He opens the fridge and complains that there's no food, I tell him to go shopping, he doesn't want to, he finds a package of hot dogs and decides to cook them. I have to instruct him on how to operate the Foreman grill, and tell him he will need to rotate the hotdogs about every 3 minutes for a 10 minute cook time; this is apparently too much work, and he asks me to do it for him because he needs to play WoW. I ignore him, trying to type my paper. He steals my cell phone and starts texting people. I get up, threaten to beat him viciously for interupting my paper writing, wrestle my phone from him, somehow his hands are down my pants. I scream at him to leave me the heck alone because I haven't hit my goal on the paper yet, and he starts whining about how we never have sex. I tell him we had sex the day before--his response is "Oh yeah." I have him call Q to play WoW with him so he leaves me alone.

Wednesday morning (today): Come down stairs, and find junkmail and cardboard box in the garbage. Again. Have it out with Mr. B over the guac, the recycling, the sex, my unfinished paper, and his general inability to act like an adult. I return to the livingroom and find the paycheck that arrived for me in the mail on Monday has been moved from the coffee table by the door; I ask Mr. B where he put my paycheck. He says he didn't touch it. Paycheck is still missing.

Men suck.

Alula

1 comment:

Munchkin said...

Oh my lord! He really does need a beating. And maybe a lesson on not being a hypocrite. He is such a neat freak and then he does this to you during your finals. What is that all about?... ATTENTION maybe? Smack him silly if he acts like that again or you can steal the extra bedroom at my place anytime you need as well... I do have wireless internet. =)