Monday, May 18, 2009

Delays

Well, I was supposed to start my new job today.

I have all of my affairs in order. The laundry and the dishes are done. I've cleaned the basement, as it is my intended home office. My mom took me out and bought me new cloths for work. I have taken to programming the coffee maker the night before in case I don't have time in the morning. I wrote a guide for my husband describing, with picture demonstrations, how to do things around the house like laundry, dishes, cooking, and grocery shopping. Summer term hasn't started yet, but my tuition is paid.

In short, I was ready to start my job. Unfortunately the paperwork wasn't, so the current plan is that my new start date is Tuesday next week (because Monday is Memorial Day).

So having done everything, what the heck am I supposed to do now? I'm washing the bed linens even though they don't need it. I'm reorganizing my closet. I've got the final paycheck from my last job to drop off at the bank (because I can squeeze blood from a stone, Q, lol). I'm going to scout our local thrift stores for an elliptical machine, dinette set, and closet organizer. I could go grocery shopping, I guess. Now what the heck am I going to do tomorrow?

All I can figure is that God and the universe have granted me this time to start our little business. We have everything set up, ladies--we have an eCrater store, an established Ebay account with excellent feedback, boxes for shipping, the stuff to sell...we're ready.

1, 2, 3, GO!

Alula

2 comments:

Munchkin said...

Mr. Munchkin is going to have your logo this week ladies. Can I help with anything?... I feel very useless in this whole endeavor.

Q said...

I have figured out how to fill my days but working my butt of in the garden, but I am ready to have a job now. Its been way too long! 3mo of tree time is just too much!